We should probably let Kathryn, with a K look through them too.
[having recently met the woman that Grissom had befriended, she had to admit that she liked her too. It would be good to have another adult female friend.]
[makes a face and takes the page back] I wanted the one with the pink
sheets. [points to the rest of the pages, in front of Catherine ; grabs a
menu] All five bedrooms or more, and they're sorted by proximity to the
school. [glances at them] Figured we [motions between them] could..
pre-screen the ones we like. And then let Giselle and Soph have the final
say. [as they had discussed, it was easier for them to adapt to the change
than the girls. Well.. Sofia]
[gives Catherine a dirty look] Thanks. [watches the two of them compare pages] We should probably consider vehicles.
[not working the same shifts with Catherine means no carpooling ; and Kathryn should be able to get around when Sofia is at school ; Giselle is... not allowed to drive after that thing with Nick and Greg...]
[reaches for the page as the waitress appears to take their orders] Cath, can you hand me the- [points for the folder] I want to see where this one is.
[he likes that it's open] Ah! [turns the page to face the women] Pink sheets. [gives a smile to the waitress]
[shakes his head] Didn't see it. [gives the waitress another smile] Barbecue chicken sandwich and chips, please. And a water. [glances back to Catherine] I was only looking at the five bedrooms. I, uh [flips through the pages] This one. [hands over the page featuring a rather dull-looking structure and nods] It's next to the zoo.
[snatches the page from Catherine, knowing she won't like it, and makes a face] I didn't say it was pretty. I said it was by the zoo. This girls should have some educational culture. More than.. [motions around] the.. educational culture.
[motions again to the folder] We can call to schedule a walkthrough. Judging with how organized this place is, I'm sure the houses have been over-inspected. I'd like to think they wouldn't offer us a dump. At least not with a child involved. [rolls his eyes] Of course, they did kidnap a child, so I suppose we could be walking in to a slum.
[glances between the women] Should we look at it first? Or just take it and hope the girls like it? Oh! [reaches for a brochure that's in his pocket and passes it to Catherine] At least it might save the curtains that aren't ours, yet? [not to mention keep Giselle out of trouble, when they're at work]
[glances at Kathryn] Any luck finding some local contacts, yet? Or just collecting.. stragglers? [they had once discussed her search for local investigators, back when watching the Holmes show]
I think we should just take it. Any issues there are, we can deal with it.
[at his question] Right now I'm taking up stragglers. I'm going to post something to the network to see if anyone else investigates or needs one.
[Catherine pics up the brochure and looks at it] This would be perfect for her. Who knows how long we're going to be here. If nothing else, it will give her something to go home with. A career that's right up her alley.
[nods] In that case, I'll head back after we eat and, when a pipe bursts-
[points to Catherine] -you can fix it.
[gives Kathryn a smile and glances at Catherine] Think they can leave this
place? I have some folks [glances back to Kathryn] they can haunt.
[nods] It's one thing for us to take her to work, when we're in
charge. [shakes his head] I don't have any pull, here. I don't want her to
feel unwanted, but I don't want her to get in trouble. [He loves Giselle,
but he still hasn't quite trusted her to be an adult on her own, in Vegas, let alone Hawaii]
No, it's fine. As long as we're not intruding on you.
[She doesn't want to be a third wheel, but she also doesn't want Catherine to feel like she's horning in on her relationship. Whatever it is. She wasn't sure they'd figured that out yet.]
[glances at Catherine and shrugs] I've never really had a personal space
issue. Not very good at judging them, either, so.. [makes a face] I'm
really not good at judging a lot of things, outside a crime scene. [of
course, with Catherine, he's never really questioned a personal bubble]
Tend to rely on Catherine to tell me when I'm crossing a line.
[and, now, he's wondering if Catherine is going along with this to be nice,
or is she really okay with it? Wait, why is he wondering that? If Catherine
had an issue, wouldn't she say so? And why would she have an issue? Aside
from not being home with Lindsay, or back in their lab. He gives Catherine
a look, trying to read her. But, they both know he's never been good at
reading her. Dead bodies and crime scenes, yes. But never her...]
[Grissom smiles as the waitress appears with their food] According to the Housing Director, most of these places are already furnished. But [shrugs and pops a fry in his mouth] no one said anything about buying new furniture.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 02:58 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 03:02 pm (UTC)[realtor hotsheets are within, for a selection of houses in the vicinity of the Towers]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 03:07 pm (UTC)[takes the packet and leafs through the papers]
We should probably let Kathryn, with a K look through them too.
[having recently met the woman that Grissom had befriended, she had to admit that she liked her too. It would be good to have another adult female friend.]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 03:46 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 04:08 pm (UTC)Hello, sorry I'm late. I was trying to tell a ghost he didn't need to be following me everywhere.
What have I missed?
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 04:26 pm (UTC)[grabs the top listing after seeing Catherine's face and passes it over] I vote for this one.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 04:35 pm (UTC)[gives Catherine a look]
I think it's perfect. The colors are...
[glances at Catherine]
The purple room, right? I think we should give him that room.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 05:03 pm (UTC)[makes a face and takes the page back] I wanted the one with the pink sheets. [points to the rest of the pages, in front of Catherine ; grabs a menu] All five bedrooms or more, and they're sorted by proximity to the school. [glances at them] Figured we [motions between them] could.. pre-screen the ones we like. And then let Giselle and Soph have the final say. [as they had discussed, it was easier for them to adapt to the change than the girls. Well.. Sofia]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 05:08 pm (UTC)[flips through the pages passing one on to Kathryn as she finishes]
[sees one with wooden barn-like ceilings]
I love this one!
[passes it to Kathryn] This one is beautiful.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 05:31 pm (UTC)[not working the same shifts with Catherine means no carpooling ; and Kathryn should be able to get around when Sofia is at school ; Giselle is... not allowed to drive after that thing with Nick and Greg...]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 05:48 pm (UTC)I really like this one too. [talking about the same one Catherine said she liked.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 05:52 pm (UTC)[he likes that it's open] Ah! [turns the page to face the women] Pink sheets. [gives a smile to the waitress]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 05:58 pm (UTC)[gives her order and lets Kathryn give her order as well]
I take it you like this one? Pink sheets and all
no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 06:09 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-10-25 06:41 pm (UTC)Don't like it.
[slides it to Catherine]
What do you think?
no subject
Date: 2017-10-27 01:44 pm (UTC)[motions again to the folder] We can call to schedule a walkthrough. Judging with how organized this place is, I'm sure the houses have been over-inspected. I'd like to think they wouldn't offer us a dump. At least not with a child involved. [rolls his eyes] Of course, they did kidnap a child, so I suppose we could be walking in to a slum.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-31 03:24 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-10-31 03:39 pm (UTC)[glances at Kathryn] Any luck finding some local contacts, yet? Or just collecting.. stragglers? [they had once discussed her search for local investigators, back when watching the Holmes show]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-31 05:11 pm (UTC)[at his question] Right now I'm taking up stragglers. I'm going to post something to the network to see if anyone else investigates or needs one.
[Catherine pics up the brochure and looks at it] This would be perfect for her. Who knows how long we're going to be here. If nothing else, it will give her something to go home with. A career that's right up her alley.
no subject
Date: 2017-10-31 05:25 pm (UTC)[nods] In that case, I'll head back after we eat and, when a pipe bursts- [points to Catherine] -you can fix it.
[gives Kathryn a smile and glances at Catherine] Think they can leave this place? I have some folks [glances back to Kathryn] they can haunt.
[nods] It's one thing for us to take her to work, when we're in charge. [shakes his head] I don't have any pull, here. I don't want her to feel unwanted, but I don't want her to get in trouble. [He loves Giselle, but he still hasn't quite trusted her to be an adult on her own, in Vegas, let alone Hawaii]
no subject
Date: 2017-10-31 07:10 pm (UTC)I think we can handle that.
[Kathryn smiles and nods]
It will give Giselle something that's hers to identify with and do. She's so good at making clothes. It's perfect for her.
no subject
Date: 2017-11-01 04:10 pm (UTC)[took it left]
no subject
Date: 2017-11-01 04:09 pm (UTC)[that's a lie - he's fallen for Sofia and he wants her to be around as much as Giselle is]
no subject
Date: 2017-11-01 04:18 pm (UTC)[She doesn't want to be a third wheel, but she also doesn't want Catherine to feel like she's horning in on her relationship. Whatever it is. She wasn't sure they'd figured that out yet.]
no subject
Date: 2017-11-01 04:50 pm (UTC)[glances at Catherine and shrugs] I've never really had a personal space issue. Not very good at judging them, either, so.. [makes a face] I'm really not good at judging a lot of things, outside a crime scene. [of course, with Catherine, he's never really questioned a personal bubble] Tend to rely on Catherine to tell me when I'm crossing a line.
[and, now, he's wondering if Catherine is going along with this to be nice, or is she really okay with it? Wait, why is he wondering that? If Catherine had an issue, wouldn't she say so? And why would she have an issue? Aside from not being home with Lindsay, or back in their lab. He gives Catherine a look, trying to read her. But, they both know he's never been good at reading her. Dead bodies and crime scenes, yes. But never her...]
no subject
Date: 2017-11-01 05:08 pm (UTC)I've got no problem with it. Judging from the rooms, we'll have our own rooms, our own space. I've had many a roommate.
And I think Giselle would be good for Sofia.
no subject
Date: 2017-11-07 04:35 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-11-07 04:38 pm (UTC)[looks at Kathryn] We can let the girls decorate their own rooms.
no subject
Date: 2017-11-07 04:40 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-11-07 04:42 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2017-11-07 04:44 pm (UTC)[looks at Kathryn with a dull expression and shakes his head]
no subject
Date: 2017-11-07 05:53 pm (UTC)